Just Because You Call It A Puree Doesn't Mean It Isn't A Soup
This recipe comes from a beautiful cookbook called Chic Simple Cooking that has some of the best food photography I've ever seen. By the way, puree is a fancy way to say soup but it sounds so much more elegant on a menu.
Puree of Butternut Squash with Pear and Rosemary
- Easy prep for this recipe. Chop the onion. Peel, seed and slice the squash. Peel, core and slice the pear. Grate the orange zest.
- Heat oil in a large soup or stock pot over medium-low heat. Add the onion and sauté until the onion is golden, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, raise the heat to high and bring to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, reduce heat to low an simmer, partially covered, for 25 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Puree the soup with your hand blender ( one of my favorite tools) a blender, or a food processor.
- Garnish each serving with orange slices.