Sesame Seed Dressing
One of the most requested recipes I'm asked for is a good Sesame Dressing for salad, chicken or seafood. If you do a quick search on the Internet for "sesame dressing," you will find hundreds of variations for this simple Asian staple.
Which one you decide on using may depend on your own personal tastes.
You can increase the amounts of individual ingredients to give this dressing more sweetness or some extra tanginess. This is basic recipe for sesame dressing that can be adapted to your own personal tastes.
Post Your Favorite Recipe for Sesame Dressing
I'm sure you have your own list of ingredients you like to use when preparing sesame dressing and I invite you to share your favorites in the Coments section below.
Sesame Dressing Recipe
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce good quality
- 3 teaspoons sesame paste available in Asian markets and most supermarkets these days
- ½ tablespoon hoisin sauce
- ½ tablespoon sugar to taste
- 1 dash hot chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine I like Mirin, a Japanese sweet rice wine
- ½ tablespoon boiling water good chance you'll be cooking noodles with this dressing, so here's your source
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the soy sauce, sesame paste, hoisin sauce, sugar, chili hot sauce and rice wine together.
- Add the hot water and continue whisking until the sugar is completely dissolved. If you are opting for toasted sesame seeds, stir them in now.
- Taste and adjust seasonings to your personal liking.
- This dressing tastes better when chilled. Cover the bowl or transfer the dressing into a glass jar and refrigerate until you are ready to use it.
- soy sauce
- dark soy sauce
- fresh ginger
- wasabi paste
- hot or sweet mustard
- Asian sesame oil
- Mayonnaise to make it creamy
Simple! 2 to 3 tablespoons each, equal parts of mayo & light corn syrup, and 1teas. seasame seed oil. mix all and pour over asian salad mix .Top off with cranberry's slivered almonds and chow mein noodles.GREAT