Daniella's Venezuelan Chicken
This recipe comes from a friend of ours in Park City, Utah. Daniela is from Venezuela and an excellent cook. She and her husband David served us this dish at their house one night and I had to have the recipe. It is delicious and couldn't be simpler.
If you like this recipe, you may want to check out her Mexican Chilaquiles recipe.
Venezuelan Coconut Chicken Recipe
- Cut the chicken up into bite size pieces. Peel and cut the onions, mince the garlic.
- Assemble the rest of the ingredients and you are ready to start cooking.
Make the Dish
- Heat up a fry pan over medium heat. Add the oil and when hot, sauté the onion until translucent. Remove from pan and transfer to a blender or food processor.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, turmeric, cumin, sugar, ginger paste, coconut milk, water and blend smooth.
- In the same pan you cooked the onion, add the chicken and brown all sides. This should take about 3 minutes.
- Add the blender ingredients and bay leaves to the pan, bring to a simmer and cook until the chicken is white inside and the liquid is creamy. (15 to 20 minutes)
- Remove the bay leaves and serve with white rice.