My Wife Makes the Best Zucchini Bread Ever
My wife makes great banana bread whenever a bunch of bananas get too ripe for anything else but this week she and my youngest daughter baked the most delicious zucchini bread I have ever tasted.
As I mentioned in my previous blog, my daughters are really getting into cooking so we encourage them to help as much as they like. It's great time spent together and offers them some new skills and responsibilities.
The bread is moist, sweet and full of flavor and the addition of raisins and chopped walnuts give every bite a unique taste. With the over abundance of zucchini around from friend's gardens and the farmers co-op we belong to, this is the perfect recipe to help you use up some of those zuccs.
I'm reading this recipe off an old, yellowed and stained index card that my wife keeps in a Ziploc bag in a kitchen drawer. She told me the recipe came from one of her college roommates so I'm not sure where it actually came from but it is worth giving a try.
Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Beat the eggs lightly. Stir in oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and stir into the egg mixture until well blended.
- Stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into 2 well greased loaf pans and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the pans from the oven and let the bread cool in the pans on a rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pans and let cool completely. If you try to slice it when it's hot, it most likely will fall apart.