Sautéed Baby Kale & Artichokes
Found this recipe in the winter 2013 Wegmans Menu and it's a great way to get your kids to eat AND enjoy kale and artichokes.
The original recipe calls for buying grilled artichokes hearts but they didn't have them at Wegmans so we grilled our own. No problem here.
Kale is a form of cabbage and comes in a variety of shapes, sizes and colors. It does not form a head like cabbage but has a lot of the same nutritional benefits including beta carotene, vitamin K & C and is rich in calcium.
A good winter side dish when kale is available.
Sauteed Baby Kale and Artichoke Recipe
- Heat a fry pan over medium-high heat until warm.
- Add the oil and let it get hot but not smoking.
- Add the grilled artichoke hearts and saute for about 1 minute.
- Add half the kale (won't have enough room to add all the kale) and let it cook until it wilts down.
- Add the remaining kale and cook for 5 minutes until it all completely wilts.
- Season with salt & pepper and serve.